The DevOps Engineer is responsible for overseeing, implementing and managing the company’s strategy regarding cloud-based information technology systems and application infrastructure for in-house engineering solutions.
- Works collaboratively with IT, Engineering, product/project managers, QA and other cross-functional teams to deliver quality support and service on time.
- Highly experienced professional, who uses professional concepts in developing resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Works with cloud providers and external technical support on upgrades, design issues, and problem resolution.
- Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation, which includes 24x7 support of multiple complicated environments.
- Document procedures, architectural designs.
- Provides subject matter expertise and influences decision makers on appropriate equipment acquisitions, upgrades, and replacements; provides documentation necessary for input into process.
- Monitors task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service.
- 3 years of applicable work experience
- Knowledge of/familiarity with Kubernetes and ecosystem
- Experience in migrating applications to Amazon Web Services/Azure/VMWare and hands on experience in AWS and cloud provisioning
- Application deployment and data migration
- Hands on experience in Enterprise VPN and Amazon VPC integration
- Excellent Shell scripting skills
- Expert in one or more scripting languages used in DevOps (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Linux administration experience
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with cloud providers
- Previous continuous integration and deployment knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage one’s time effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience with Agile software design methodologies
- Hands on experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Knowledge of CI and CD tools like Maven and Jenkins
- Knowledge of git, including github and branch handling
- Knowledge of an open source RDBMS like Postgres or mySQL
- Familiarity with performance tuning and load testing
- Knowledgeable in Linux packaging tools: rpm, yum, dpkg, apt
- Information Security/Compliance experience
- Competitive salary
- Rideshare stipend for commuting
- Meal allowance
- State-if-the-art company-issued MacBook
- Gym membership
- Flexible schedules
- Your work makes a difference in people's lives