Senior Frontend Engineer
You'll be responsible for architecting, building, and enhancing our systems and core products to make the most impact on the clients we serve. This role collaborates with the UX, Design, Copy, Development, Education and the Production teams to ensure consistency across the company’s web technology.
- Develop websites that meet design, functionality and architecture requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of proposed UI/UX designs.
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end systems.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build flexible, scalable, accessible website functionality which is compatible across browsers.
- Develop Search Engine Optimized and Analytics friendly websites
- Develop websites for a variety of screen sizes.
- Develop accessible and mobile friendly
- Troubleshoot browser compatibility issues and resolutions.
- Resolve website technical issues, including providing technical support.
- Work with the rest of the development team to add on, improve, test and debug website issues.
- Document time estimates and development done on tickets within JIRA platform to improve communication between Development, QA, and Product teams.
- Collaborate with Producers, Back-End Web Developers, other Front-End Developers, and Designers to accomplish all technical requirements of the product.
You're competent in the following areas:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Attention to Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail
You have these skills:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- 3+ years HTML 5/CSS experience
- 2+ years of Foundation or Bootstrap CSS experience
- 1+ years of CSS preprocessors (Sass, LESS)
- 2+ Responsive Design concepts/practices
- 2+ years LAMP development experience
- 3+ years for PHP experience
- 2+ years of SQL
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards, WCAG 2.0, and development practices
- Strong understanding of analytics integration and customization development practices
- Strong understanding of MVC and OOP principles Preferred Education/Experience
- Experience with Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Acceptance Testing
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with NPM/YARN
- Competitive salary
- Brand new MacBook Pro computer
- Rideshare stipend for commuting
- Meal allowance
- Flexible schedule
- Work on projects that improve people’s lives