As a Node.js software engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and building the services that drive our coaching platform. You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
Our stack includes Node.js, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Elixir, and Phoenix. Our production deployments are on AWS. A qualified candidate will have full support in learning all of the technologies in our stack.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems or related field
- Build APIs to support mobile apps, web UIs, and data ingestion applications
- Deep expertise with Node.js applications
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with, or strong interest in learning, our core backend technologies like Elixir, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work with Product, Frontend, Data Engineering, and QA teams, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Availability to overlap to U.S. time zones as needed
- Competitive salary
- Commuting to/from the office
- Meal allowance